Jared Eigerman is a land use specialist, with graduate degrees in law and city planning, and over 20 years of practical experience. Before entering private practice, Mr. Eigerman served as a Deputy City Attorney (Land Use Team) for the City & County of San Francisco. Admitted in both California and Massachusetts, most of his projects are in Boston, where he is based.
Mr. Eigerman represents residential, commercial, and institutional real estate developers to secure all necessary government approvals at the federal, state and local levels. His expertise includes conducting zoning and permitting due diligence, devising and implementing permitting strategies, community outreach, presenting to legislative and administrative bodies, and writing zoning and permitting opinions for financing.
Mr. Eigerman serves on the Newburyport (Mass.) City Council, as well as on the board of directors for Street Lab (www.bostonstreetlab.org), a nonprofit organization that creates programs for public space.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D. (1998)
- M.C.P., University of California, Berkeley (1998)
- A.B., Harvard College (1992)
SELECTED ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Trends in Sustainability Regulation, Hotel Sustainable Development: Principles and Best Practices, American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, eds. A. J. Singh, Ph.D., and Herve Houdre (2011).
- Trends in Property Regulation to Mitigate Climate Change, Invesco Real Estate Conference 2009, Green Zone: The Sense and Significance of Sustainability, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2009)
- California Counties: Second-Rate Localities or Ready-Made Regional Governments, 26 Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly 3 (1999)
- Member, State Bar of California (1998)
- Member, Massachusetts State Bar (2008)
- American Planning Association, Planning & Law Division (1995)
- Urban Land Institute (2001)